What exactly is ECP?
- Some individuals call it “the Morning After Pill”.
- You may get ECP at pharmacies and community health clinics. You don’t require a prescription.
Who are able to take ECP?
- ECP is safe for pretty much every body that is female. You shouldn’t make use of ECP because it won’t work) if you know you are pregnant (mainly.
Whenever might I would like to simply just just take ECP?
- Penis-vagina sex was had by you but weren’t making use of any birth prevention, or perhaps you genuinely believe that the delivery control you utilized may not been employed by.
- You missed several birth prevention pills in a pack along with been having penis–vagina intercourse without any other as a type of birth prevention.
- You had been significantly more than a week late for the scheduled birth prevention shot.
Note: ECP can be utilized if you had been obligated to own penis–vagina intercourse. Should this happen, you should phone the Assault that is sexual Crisis at 204-786-8631 or 1-888-292-7565 to talk to a counsellor for support options.
When can I just take ECP?
- Swallow the product together as quickly as possible following the sexual intercourse.
- You certainly do not need to take any longer pills down the road. It’s an idea that is good sleep after.
What will ECP do?
- If taken in 24 hours or less of non-safe sex, it will lessen the odds of maternity by about 95%.
- If taken within 48 hours of unsafe sex, it shall reduce steadily the likelihood of maternity by about 85%.
- If taken within 72 hours of non-safe sex, it shall decrease the likelihood of maternity by about 58%. Read More