The Attorney General’s Education Loan Assistance Unit helps borrowers:
- explore payment options;
- make an application for federal repayment that is income-driven;
- avoid standard or get http://www.speedyloan.net/reviews/ace-cash-express loans away from standard;
- end wage garnishments, taxation reimbursement interceptions, or advantage offsets;
- resolve billing disputes with loan servicers;
- get loan details and information;
- stop harassing collection telephone calls; or
- apply (in infrequent cases) for discharges.
To obtain assistance, please submit a scholar Loan Help Request. Whenever completing the request, please explain your education loan situation in as much detail as feasible.
Your demand shall be reviewed into the purchase for which it absolutely was gotten. It is vital you continue steadily to satisfy any due dates when you are waiting to listen to from us. In case your demand would be better handled by way of a various federal government agency, we’re going to refer you to definitely that agency.
The Attorney General’s workplace cannot offer you appropriate act or advice as your lawyer. For those who have concerns in regards to the particular application or interpretation associated with the legislation, please talk to an attorney that is private.
Watch out for education loan “debt relief” businesses
Student loan “debt relief” companies charge charges for assisting student that is federal borrowers sign up for income-driven repayment plans, consolidate loans, or get loans away from standard. Read More